October 23, 2007

We're Having a BABY!


Hello Everyone! Brian and I decided to make our own baby blog space to keep the family and our friends up to date with the newest edition to our family...coming this June!

I found out that I was pregnant Saturday night on October 20, 2007. I had my first instinct that something was different because I was having cramps for the past 5 days, which was completely new to me. I didn't think much of it at the time, but I realize now I should have.

Brian was at work and I was packing for his birthday trip to Shreveport, when I found an old pregnancy test that I had bought a long time ago. So I saw the stick, and I had to pee on it! Ha ha! I immediately got a faint pink line and my mind started thinking of all the reasons why that stick was wrong. The test was old, it was from the $Tree store and only cost $1, the line was to light, etc... so naturally I went and bought the most expensive, one I could find... a $20, fancy digital one...well two. I took it when I got home and within a few seconds it popped up and said "PREGNANT!"

I decided to suprise Brian when we got to Shreveport, so somehow I managed to keep my mouth shut for an entire day! That was the longest trip of my life. When we got settled in the hotel room, I gave Brain a birthday card that said "DADDY TO BE" on the front, and I taped the 1st test in the middle of the card. Because Brian is Brian, he tore open the card, didn't read that front of the card, or what I wrote inside! He just stared at the test for a few seconds and then he realized what it meant...Sheesh that was a long moment of silence! He looked at me and said "Does this mean WE'RE pregnant?" It was a great moment, and he was completely SHOCKED!

I had a whole plan about how to tell the parents, but Brian absolutely could not wait....so we called the folks that evening, and broke the news...EVERYONE is so excited! This will be the first grandbaby on both sides of the family so it will be really exciting for our whole family!


My first doctor appointment is November 7th, I can hardly wait! I was so nervous about the cramping (still having it) that I had to call and make sure everything was ok. I was reassured that everything was fine, and that it is completely normal especially with my first pregnancy...I know that nurse was probably laughing at me, but I think I will be nervous until I can see the little peanut for myself!

3 comments:

The LaBouffs said...

YEAH!!!! I TOTALLY know about the cramping stuff. You'll feel all kind of things now and wonder what in the world is going on! You should go to www.babycenter.com and set it up to receive weekly emails telling you what's going on with you and the baby!

MapmakerJenny said...

YAY!! I'm so excited!!! I'm going to be a GREAT Auntie!!!

Brian, Dani, Landon, & Kayden said...

Cool! I will definitely be checking out that website! :)